Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
We're Doing Our Part
Broadway Plaza is conserving water to support our community. As a responsible member of the community and in accordance with California’s Water Conservation Emergency Regulation, Broadway Plaza is currently practicing the following water conservation efforts:
- Drought tolerant Xeriscape Landscaping
- Recirculating grey-water fountain features
- Bioswales integrated throughout for storm water run-off & pollutant removal
- Low-flow restroom fixtures
What We’re Doing at Broadway Plaza
- Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- Broadway Plaza has placed Plastic, Aluminum and Glass Recycling Bins in our Management Office.
- The center utilizes Iron Mountain Paper Recycling Company to recycle all paper products used throughout our offices.
- Broadway Plaza has minimized lighting usage where applicable, as well as installed energy conscious lighting through our parking structures.
- We’ve reduced our water usage where applicable, such as limited the amount of pressure washing that we do.
- Broadway Plaza has a Cardboard Recycling program in place for our staff as well as the center’s retailers.