Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- Broadway Plaza has placed Plastic, Aluminum and Glass Recycling Bins in our Management Office.
- The center utilizes Iron Mountain Paper Recycling Company to recycle all paper products used throughout our offices.
- Broadway Plaza has minimized lighting usage where applicable, as well as installed energy conscious lighting through our parking structures.
- We’ve reduced our water usage where applicable, such as limited the amount of pressure washing that we do.
- Broadway Plaza has a Cardboard Recycling program in place for our staff as well as the center’s retailers.