Sur La Table at Broadway Plaza in downtown Walnut Creek combines a popular retail store selling kitchen goods (pans, knives, coffee machines and meal preparation tools, along with dishes, linens and pantry items) with a culinary classroom educating students on how to cook (macarons, pasta, entrees with a Tuscan influence, etc). We have positions open for people interested in working within the culinary classroom and/or the retail store.
The Associate Manager contributes to the success of a Sur La Table stores by inspiring customers on their culinary journey. This role supports the General Manager (GM) and Assistant Manager (ASM) in the achievement of sales goals and directs daily store operations as Manager on Duty (MOD) while ensuring an outstanding customer experience and enforcing all policies and procedures. This role is a developmental opportunity in preparation for career advancement in both the field and corporate roles.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is full-time and requires availability on weekends, evening and day shifts, and holidays.
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed, trained, and developed from day one of their onboarding and throughout their time with Sur La Table.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained, and consistently followed.
- Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily agendas, and directs selling activities as MOD. Owns their role by driving key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Provides coaching in the moment to employees while acting as MOD. Share’s feedback provided with GM or SM.
- Ensures selling floor standards are maintained and sales floor filled according to visual presentation guide.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with the GM or SM.
- Ensures completion of provided weekly training; utilizes product knowledge to elevate the customer experience.
- Completes inventory transactions including but not limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Rings employee transactions.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the workplace coaching and directing employees, selling to customers, and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years retail management experience. Specialty retail preferred.
- Experience driving sales and motivating high performing sales teams.
- Experience training and holding teams accountable.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Permit or Food Manager Certification.
To apply for this job opening, visit www.surlatable.com/careers
or stop by our store located at 1211 Broadway Plaza.