Our Broadway Plaza location in downtown Walnut Creek combines a popular retail store selling kitchen goods (pans, knives, coffee machines and meal preparation tools, along with dishes, linens and pantry items) with a culinary classroom educating students on how to cook (macarons, pasta, entrees with a Tuscan influence, etc). We have positions open for people interested in working within the culinary classroom and/or the retail store.
Want to help people have a great experience as they learn to cook? Do you enjoy keeping things clean and organized in the kitchen? If so, our Kitchen Assistant role could be the perfect fit for you.The Kitchen Assistant keeps Sur La Table’s busy in-store cooking classes running smoothly by prepping food, washing dishes, and providing excellent customer service and product knowledge. This is a hands-on, fast-paced job that requires a passion for all things cooking and an interest in joining a high-performing retail team.
The Kitchen Assistant reports to the Resident Chef. Hours vary by week for this position.
About the Job: What You’ll Do
• Provide outstanding customer service at all times – create an experience that people will love
• Food prep and class setup; may assist with shopping for ingredients
• Wash dishes and clean kitchen before, during, and after cooking classes
• Assist instructor as needed during classes; look for opportunities to help
• Contribute to store goals through product knowledge and sales
• May handle alcohol
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: What You’ll Need
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to lift and move merchandise and/or kitchen equipment up to 35lbs
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to chop, whisk, slice, stir, and use kitchen equipment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including daytime, nights, and weekends
• Valid Food Handlers and/or Food Manager Certification
• 1 year retail sales and/or food prep and kitchen operations experience preferred
• Must be at least 21 years old
The Benefits: What You’ll Get
• Cooking-obsessed environment like no other retail job out there!
• Generous employee discount on product and cooking classes
• Great co-workers
• 401K + other benefits
To apply for this job opening, visit www.surlatable.com/careers
or stop by our store located at 1211 Broadway Plaza.