Sur La Table at Broadway Plaza in downtown Walnut Creek combines a popular retail store selling kitchen goods (pans, knives, coffee machines and meal preparation tools, along with dishes, linens and pantry items) with a culinary classroom educating students on how to cook (macarons, pasta, entrees with a Tuscan influence, etc). We have positions open for people interested in working within the culinary classroom and/or the retail store.
The Sales Associate reports to the General Manager. Hours vary by week.
About the Job: What You’ll Do
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times – create an experience that people will love
- Work as a part of a high-performing team to achieve individual and store sales goals
- Become a product expert (we’ll help!); provide hands-on demonstrations
- Follow all Sur La Table policies and procedures
- Complete daily operational tasks including replenishing, merchandising , and maintaining a clean store environment
- Process POS/register transactions including sales, returns, and price checks
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD)
Qualifications: What You’ll Need
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift and move merchandise up to 35lbs
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder to retrieve or move merchandise
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (3+ hours)
- A flexible schedule, including daytime, nights, and weekend availability
- Ability to operate a computer, POS/register system, keyboards, and scanners
- Regular and predictable attendance
- May require Food Handlers and/or Food Manager Certification
- 1 year retail sales experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Cooking-obsessed environment like no other retail job out there!
- Generous employee discount on product and cooking classes
- Great co-workers
- 401K + other benefits
To apply for this job opening, visit www.surlatable.com/careers
or stop by our store located at 1211 Broadway Plaza.