Makers Market is searching for an entrepreneurial, creative, and experienced Assistant Store Manager for our Broadway Plaza location in Walnut Creek. This is a great opportunity to make your mark by managing our beautiful store and helping to grow our beloved American Made brand. If you are passionate about handmade products (Etsy, Renegade, Pinterest), the Maker Movement, and supporting American small businesses, we are looking for you!
Our Assistant Store Manager helps set the tone for the store and our team. As the face and voice of Makers Market, you will bring our brand to life while also creating an inspiring and memorable experience for our customers. As Assistant Manager, you will help manage the day-to-day functions of the store alongside the Store Manager, including achieving sales goals, staff management, education and training, customer
service, visual merchandising, and maintaining brand standards.
Makers Market is growing both online and in brick-and-mortar storefronts and we are looking for exceptional team members to promote our mission of Rebuilding the Legacy of American Made.
What You’ll Need - Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years in Retail, preferably with a specialty or premium retailer.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, or Art.
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals.
- A good sense of style and aesthetics.
- A passion for handmade products, Made in America, and Maker Movement.
- Appreciation of good craftsmanship and design.
- Self-starter. Resourceful and excellent problem solver.
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills. A friendly, helpful
disposition. Enjoy interacting with people in a genuine and energetic way.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated to set and reach goals.
- Reliable, dedicated, and loyal.
- Can-do attitude, team player, and willing to do what is needed to make the
- Flexible with availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
What You’ll Do - Job Responsibilities
- Help the store manager ensure sales goals are met, while also meeting own
sales objectives. This may involve ongoing staff training, feedback on
merchandise needs, partnering with other local businesses, and community
- Maintain a strong and friendly presence on the sales floor. Lead other staff by
- Assist with merchandising the store to support our hip, stylish aesthetic.
- Serve as brand ambassador by engaging customers, sharing company mission
and providing product knowledge.
- Take the lead sales role in the store daily.
- Help train staff and ensure they are achieving their goals, following store
procedures, and completing daily responsibilities.
- Assist the store manager with running the day-to-day Store Operations (including
opening/closing, cash reconciliation, cleaning and light maintenance)
- Maintain store environment. Ensure front and back of the store stays organized
and clean and merchandising stays fresh and inviting.
- Help supervise special events such as Maker Trunk Shows and Outdoor Craft
- Ensure all incoming shipments are reconciled, signed off, and properly priced.
- Maintain Inventory accuracy. Assist with product shipments and monitoring back
- Discuss sales analytics with Manager and contribute ideas for team
- Grow clientele through capturing customer emails, developing customer
relationships, and building brand awareness
- Coaching and developing a high level of salesmanship and maker knowledge in
- Oversee and execute weekly stock counts.
- Follow-up on special customer orders.
- Process damages.
- Communicate with makers when needed.
This is a full-time position. (32 to 40 hours per week)
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.