We are looking for part-time or full-time associates who are excited to work closely with a team that has a lot of fun and is very passionate about making Marine Layer something special. We are looking for someone who is really excited about our brand, connects with our product and our customer. This is not a typical retail position because we are not a typical company. Here you’ll find that we want someone who is personable, self-motivated and 110% committed to the success of their store and the brand as a whole.
At ML, we know the secret to our success is our people. Truth is, we hire people that are great- we share a genuine drive to sell fantastic products that we’re proud of. The look and feel of our stores only matter if we have quality people working in them. Because of this, we aim to reward all employees and treat ‘em well.
Your Job duties will focus on the below:
- Customer Experience: ”Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Marine Layer”. We want you to have fun connecting with people; chatting people up and getting to know them. Smile, offer help and wow them with your product knowledge.
- Visual and Business Operations: ”Bring your A-game.” We’ll teach you the ins and outs of what makes us tick which includes: POS skills, LP training and back/front-of-house standards. Bring a sense of urgency and a desire to learn all. Ask a bunch of questions...just don’t ask what our favorite show is...which is Bachlorette..obvi.
- Team Player: ”Teamwork makes the dream work.” Cliche but oh so true. We’re all multi-taskers, jumping into the fray to help our customers, restock product or to take out the trash. It’s nice to know your team has your back. Share and utilize your skills with one another to help make your store and our brand the best it can be.
An Authentic Brand Advocate.
You should know Marine Layer, believe in what we are doing, and be able to represent us in an authentic way, both in-person and in writing. There’s no substitute experience-wise for having this genuine connection.
A Strong Interest in Apparel.
Do you wear clothes? Good. That is a start, and truth be told, in these days of zoom you probably only need to be dressed from the waist up. That said, our brand will benefit from someone who truly enjoys fashion and clothing as a form of expression.
Desire to work in a start‐up (ish) environment.
A lot of people say they want to work at a start-up; not as many people really know what that means. Here it means we all work very hard, we believe deeply in the future of this company, and we all do a lotta bit of everything.
This is a close-knit group that gets along extremely well. We all work hard, but manage to have a lot of fun along the way. We're all working towards the same goal of making Marine Layer something special and if you are on board for that, you'll fit in really well.
- Competitive pay and bonus
- Clothing allowance and generous discount
- Paid time off
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance available
- 401k with Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave
Please have a look at our website, www.marinelayer.com
, and then shoot email@example.com your resume, a thoughtful email about how you relate to our seven-day-weekend lifestyle. Cover letters are for the birds…
Marine Layer is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities. #whateveryoureinto