Broadway Plaza Launches New Tools To Experience Major Renovations
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., April 21, 2015 – Macerich (NYSE:MAC) today announced new ways to experience the major renovations now underway at Broadway Plaza, its one-of-a-kind, dominant East Bay retail property.
Through a new digital flyover video and an updated website featuring comprehensive project renderings plus real-time construction views, Walnut Creek residents, shoppers and retailers can experience more of what the newly refreshed Broadway Plaza will deliver. The new video and updated information are available at www.BroadwayPlaza.com/Redevelopment.
As part of the property’s ongoing transformation, street improvements to Broadway Plaza Street will begin this spring.
· The first phase of work will take place to upgrade the underground utilities, and during this time, Broadway Plaza Street will be closed from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night, without impact on daytime traffic.
· This Summer, Broadway Plaza Street will be closed to vehicular traffic so that the street can be narrowed and paved to add to the European-style, pedestrian appeal of the property. Sidewalks and crosswalks will be open for pedestrian traffic during this time.
· Finally, in the Fall and running through October, hardscape and sidewalk work begins. Access to all Broadway Plaza retailers will be available during mall hours.
“As progress continues on this exciting project, work is shifting to Broadway Plaza Street,” said Shelly Dress, Senior Manager, Property Management, Broadway Plaza. “At the same time, we are pleased to share more ways to experience, in full color, all that Broadway Plaza will become in the near future. We hope the community will enjoy these new tools to view the transformation, and we look forward to sharing more news, including new retailer names, very soon.”
Broadway Plaza’s new digital flyover video puts project details into animation so guests can better experience the relationship between different areas of this unique retail property and how the outdoor spaces will be even more welcoming for visitors to relax and gather with friends.
The property’s website, www.broadwayplaza.com, now has a new look and enhanced features to make it easier to explore from anywhere, and from any device. Shoppers now can see Broadway Plaza’s transformation in real time via multiple webcams showing construction. Also available on the website, detailed renderings feature:
· The new Broadway Plaza Promenade, which preserves the landmark fountain and adds new landscaping and seating areas.
· Macy’s Lane, which shows how Macy’s is expanding by 57,000 square feet. The lane will feature lush landscaping and seating, and will lead to the center’s new event plaza, which will be home to many favorite and also new events at Broadway Plaza.
· The European-style, pedestrian focus coming to Broadway Plaza Street.
· Broadway Lane, which is adding new retail, also will be wider and include a series of water features as well as new landscaping and seating.
Enhanced Amenities for Shoppers
Throughout construction, Broadway Plaza is offering complimentary valet parking seven days a week, with valet drop-off currently located near the Promenade. In addition, guests are encouraged to utilize the center's parking garages – the new Nordstrom Garage and the Main Street Garage - while they shop at Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and more than 35 open retailers.
Roving Ambassadors are available throughout the property, offering assistance with center information, wayfinding, gift card purchases and more. Another great resource for Broadway Plaza guests is Text Concierge, which invites shoppers to text 925-948-8826 to ask nearly any question about the shopping center and beyond and get an immediate response. Shoppers are currently using the service to make dinner reservations, ask renovation or parking questions, and even get help locating specific stores and products.
Overall, the master plan of the project includes demolishing and rebuilding the parking garages on South Broadway, the expansion of the Macy's for Women store, the remodel of the buildings on the East side of the property between Macy’s and Nordstrom, and improvements to traffic flow and pedestrian areas.
For more information about the Broadway Plaza Redevelopment project, visit www.BroadwayPlaza.com/Redevelopment.
Macerich, an S&P 500 company, is a fully integrated self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust, which focuses on the acquisition, leasing, management, development and redevelopment of regional malls throughout the United States.
Macerich currently owns 54 million square feet of real estate consisting primarily of interests in 51 regional shopping centers. Macerich specializes in successful retail properties in many of the country's most attractive, densely populated markets with significant presence in the Pacific Rim, Arizona, Chicago, and the Metro New York to Washington, D.C. corridor. Additional information about Macerich can be obtained from the Company's website at www.macerich.com.